Last week, at the end of a busy day of food carting, I as shocked to see this Tweet from @Burgatroyd.
Burgatroyd, one of the shining stars in the food cart world for the last few years is now closed. Their burgers will be missed.
A couple of moves for established vendors:
- El Taco Yucateco has moved to SW 10th and Washington
- Cheesesteak Factory has moved to SW Stark between 2nd and 3rd
- J Mo’s Sandwich Shack has moved to SE 52nd and Foster
- Local Girls Hawaiian has moved to SE 52nd and Foster
- Thrive Pacific NW has parked one of their trucks permanently at SE 32nd and Hawthorne
- Jaffles and Wraps is moving to SE MLK and Stark and will reopen this week
Some new vendors on the scene
- Delicious – A Taste of Transylvania – SW 10th and Washington
- Da’ Fat Boyz BBQ – SE 82nd and Holladay
- Potlikker – SE 82nd and Lamphier behind Rocco’s
- Dalo’s Kitchen – Ethiopean – SE MLK and Stark
- Freshii – SW Moody and Whitaker at base of OHSU tram
- Flying Fish 3rd location – SW Moody and Whitaker
- The Coop – chicken and waffles – Cartlandia at SE 82nd and Harney
- Ooh Pasta – SE 102nd and Stark
- Lazy K’s Gumbo Shack – N Mississippi and Fremont
- Pressed – sandwiches – SE 52nd and Foster
Carts on Foster at SE 52nd and Foster will host Spam A la Cart on Saturday, August 17. All the vendors in the lot will offer specials which will include that ubiquitous canned meat – SPAM! Live music, arts, crafts and beer specials from the pod bar. If you’re a fan of Spam, this is the place to be on Saturday. More details.
One of Portland’s newest pods, the Central Eastside Food Cart Pod on SE MLK and Stark, is hosting a grand opening event Friday, August 16 from 5-10pm. The vendors will be open and there will be beer, wine and live music.
The 23rd and Alberta pod in NE Portland is hosting a Superhero Food Cart Party. Come dressed in your favorite superhero costume and enjoy some great food, great people, prizes and more. More details here.
Keep on supporting Portland’s dynamic and ever evolving street food scene.