False spring hit the Rose City this past weekend and the carts sold out. Almost everyone I spoke with were overwhelmed on Friday and Saturday with the wonderful weather. While frustrating for some who couldn’t get a burger or noodles, the vendors were ecstatic and wish it could happen every weekend in winter. Here are some news bites.
- Okinoshima – Japanese – SW 3rd and Stark
- Iraqi Kitchen – SW 2nd and Oak
- Traditional Russian Cuisine – Cartlandia @ SE 82nd and Harney
- Thai Udon – SW 10th and Alder
- Tandoor’s Saffron Kitchen – 3rd location on SW 5th and Stark
- Maizey’s Kettle Corn – SW 3rd and Ash
- Baghdad Kababchi – SW 3rd and Ash
- La Sangucheria – Peruvian – SW 3rd and Ash
- Stickery – SE 34th and Belmont [opening 2/24]
Nong’s Khao Man Gai announced they will open their SE location to serve their Khao Man Gai on weekends. Located at 609 SE Ankeny, this kitchen offers Nong’s best dish, her signature sauce for purchase and indoor tables. Open Saturday and Sunday (along with the rest of the week) 11am-4pm.
Thrive Pacific NW, a roaming food truck serving healthy international themed rice bowls announced this past week they had secured a spot at the downtown Portland Farmers Market at Pioneer Courthouse Square on Mondays. If you haven’t been able to locate them as they drive around, here’s your chance. Market opens June 17th.
Southeast Portland fans of PBJ’s Grilled better start prepping your belly. According to a Tweet from February 17, PBJ’s will be opening soon at Cartopia on SE 12th and Hawthorne.
Chowder Challenge is afoot at the 5th Quadrant in North Portland on February 23rd. Our very own FishBox will represent the food carts at the challenge with their signature chowder. Head on down to N Williams and Failing to enjoy some chowder, beer, live music and games. Saturday, February 23rd, 12-4pm.