Location: NE 52nd and Sandy, Rose City Food Park
Hours: Tues-Sat, 11:30-7pm
The Story: I grew up in the 70′s and 80′s when it seemed everyone I knew was introduced to juicing through home shopping and infomercials. These days, juicing and smoothies are a way of life for many as a great way to combine numerous items and drink it down quick. There are international franchise restaurants who focus solely on juices and smoothies. Moberi, a cart that focuses on healthy smoothies and fresh juices does it a bit different than you local juice mart – he blends with a bike.
Ryan Carpenter opened Moberi this past summer with a location at Green Castle and roaming around to different events and street fairs. I first tried his wares at Last Thursday on Alberta when the sun was still out. He has a vintage Schwinn stationary exercise bike setup with a bike blender which uses the wheel to blend the smoothies. No electric Cuisinart here. And, when you meet Ryan, you’ll see he gets a good workout from making smoothies. Riding a bike and making smoothies all day isn’t a bad gig.
On the menu at Moberi are fruit smoothies, protein shakes and vegetable and fruit juices. How does raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, Greek yogurt and agave sound? Or maybe carrot, apple and ginger to boost your immune system? Ryan’s got you covered. On the cold rainy day I visited, I needed some fruit, so he made me the DeLorean with strawberry, banana and mango. With strawberries from this summer’s local harvest you could taste that Oregon sweetness and remember a warmer time. Such a simple drink with so much flavor. And healthy!
Moberi is at Rose City Food Park now, but still has his mobile gear ready to go to bring his smoothies to your next event. Drop on by for a bike powered smoothie or juice and let Ryan know Food Carts Portland sent ya.
Smoothies – 16oz, $5.75
- Moberi – raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, Greek yogurt, agave
- Turtle Power – kale, spinach, green apple, mango, banana, ginger
- Uncle Jesse – strawberry, mint, avocado, dates, coconut milk
Protein Shakes – 16oz, $6
- Peanut Butter Cup – whey protein, peanut butter, organic chocolate, banana
- One Night in Bangkok – whey protein, peanut butter, banana, coconut milk, sesame oil, sriracha
Juice – 10oz, $4; 16oz $6.50
- Affordable Healthcare – carrot, apple, ginger
- Trampled by Turtles – kale, cucumber, celery, green apple, lime ginger
- Eat to the Beet – carrot, beet, apple, lemon, ginger