October is here with rain and some cooler temps. While some carts are closing, others are opening and some are moving. Here’s a rundown of recent changes.
- Rose City Food Park at NE 52nd and Sandy
- Hillsdale Food Park at 6238 SW Capitol Hwy by Wilson High School
- The Row at SE 2nd and Oak to open end of October
- King Quesadilla at Green Castle on NE 20th and Everett
- Ramy’s Lamb Shack 2 at Rose City Food Park on NE 52nd and Sandy
- Sabria’s Burgers at Rose City Food Park
- Dagostino’s at Rose City Food Park
- El Guero at Rose City Food Park
- Bangkok Xpress at Rose City Food Park
- Havana Heaven at SW 5th and Stark
- I Heart this Cart at SW 3rd and Washington
- Smaaken Waffles at Hillsdale Food Park on SW Canyon Hwy
- Radiant Life at Hillsdale Food Park
Food Cart Moves:
- Flyin’ Hawaiian has moved back to Carts on Foster
- Jonte’s Urban Seafood has moved to Rose City Food Park
- Violetta has opened a new cart at Hillsdale Food Park
- Sabria’s Arabic from downtown and most recently of the NE Cully neighborhood has moved to Green Castle
- Moberi Smoothies has moved from Green Castle to Rose City Food Park
- Fuego de Lotus has moved from D-Street Noshery to SE 28th and Ankeny, joining The Grilled Cheese Grill
- Ole Latte is moving to 1410 SE Clinton Street
- Picnic has closed for the season. They are off making wine. Watch for them to return in spring.
- Holy Cannoli has closed
Retrolicious has decided to go mobile after having a great success at Green Castle this summer. Watch for them at local events.
Over the last month, there has been a rash of power cord thefts at the food carts, mostly on the east side. Some carts in particular have been hit night after night and as a result have closed. At around $150 a pop, it gets expensive having to replace your power cord and any lost food every other day. It’s sad that this keeps occurring. If you see something amiss at the lots, please contact the Portland Police.
Many vendors have gone mobile over the summer outfitting trucks to bring their amazing food to different events. I recently coordinated 10 mobile vendors to serve 1000 people for an end of conference party with great success. If you’re looking for food trucks or mobile vendors for your event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Have a great week, stay dry and don’t forget to eat at the food carts!