Some tidbits for ya:
Some cart moves to update you about. With Green Castle closing, we have some updates on the carts there:
- Burger Guild is moving to A la Carts on SE 50th and Ivon
- Gaufre Gourmet has moved to SW 9th and Alder
- Viking Soul Food is moving to Good Food Here at SE 43rd and Belmont
- We Be Weiners has moved to SW 5th and Harrison into the Portland State parking garage.
Winter is coming, and with the cooler weather, some carts decide to shutter during those months instead of fighting through the slow times. The following carts have closed for winter:
- Yogio and The Dog House PDX on NE Alberta
- Scoop Organic Ice Cream at North Station
- Picnic on SW 9th and Washington
- Cool Harry’s Frozen Yogurt on SW 10th and Alder
- The Sugar Cube at Good Food Here
Bo Kwon of Koi Fusion opened his brick and mortar kiosk down in Bridgeport Village this month. With a menu featuring his signature tacos, sliders and now rice bowls, movie patrons and shoppers now have something new to try. More information at KoiFusionPDX.com
Lastly, we learned today that Nuevo Mexico has closed. Jesse Sandoval opened the cart back in June of 2009 at the corner of SW 3rd and Stark. He created a following there that moved with him when he relocated to Mississippi Marketplace the next year. It has been a good run for the cart and I’m sure they will be missed. We wish Jesse and his staff good luck on their next adventures.