Cart Spaces for Rent

Lizzy Caston

alberta-for-rent

Spotted on NE Alberta Street between 15th and 14th next to an auto repair shop. Although I have no other info, it would be great to have some more carts on Alberta St. Except, no more Mexican or Thai eateries please, the street is already swarming with those choices. My ideas?

• Vietnamese Pho and Noodle Bowls
  • Indian Food
  • Ethiopian or African
  • Kebabs /Falafel/ Gyros/ Middle Eastern

Comments

1. is this space still available? i didn’t see this empty lot after I ate at the Grill Cheese Grill

2. help.anybody know of any new spaces for rent?

3. Hi Ryan,

Cart spaces generally don’t get advertised or listed like normal commercial leasing opportunities. Your best bet is to look at geographic areas you like, check the zoning and approach the owner of the property. Many owners of commercial properties might be more than willing to lease out space to a cart. Expect to pay anywhere between $200-$700 per month, and don’t forget to negotiate for things like water, electricity and garbage.

Good luck!

4. HI. How would you go about checking the zoning and then approaching the owner?

5. I would recommend calling the number listed.

6. Chris. http://www.portlandmaps.com

Numbers aren’t listed, but I do think Multnomah County has them on record.

7. You can find out zoning of a specific property at portlandmaps.com — this is an official city-run site using city,county, etc GIS data. Search for the address, then click on “Maps” on upper right hand side of page to pull up a zoning map. If you click on the underlined zone type, it takes you to the code that explains what is allowable in that zone.

You also could check out the pods around town and see if any of them seem to have extra spaces or vacant carts. The ones near SW 9th/wash seem to change frequently, but I know there were issues there with the electricity — don’t know if that was resolved.

8. Mr. Nuevo Mexico says:

City Center Parking are in charge of most of the downtown lots. The guy in charge is Al. His number is 503-803-3959. He will run down a list of addresses downtown that have spots available.

9. I have a property on SE Division (near Stumptown Coffee) and I am considering lease out a portion of the site to a few food carts. If you know anyone interested have them send me an email at pdxfoodcarts@gmail.com. Thanks

10. Hey Rob hope all is well, i just started a cart on 3rd and Stark and am looking for another site for one more cart, we feature all American fusion funky burgers and sandwiches that are huge to the belly, so what is your property like and what are you thinking about lease options????

11. Hey Stellas,
    How did you get the spot on 3rd and stark? That’s where we want to be. Any info on the owner, prices, etc.? Thanks.

12. If any of you are feeling a bit crowded in Portland I know of a great location on TV Highway.

Plenty of walk-up and drive by traffic and plenty of parking.

The owner is looking to get the place rented right away so he is willing to negotiate first months rent etc.

If you are interested email Max at tvhwyfoodcarts@gmail.com

13. Hey all,
    Well, I’m hoping that Portland has enough room for a new food cart with a great idea. The one problem is that we don’t have a space. We were working on one, but it seems as if it’s falling through. We are approaching spots we like, but wanted to put it out there to the FCP community to see if anyone knows of anything.
    Thanks,
    Heather

14. other food choices says:

what about american homestyle cooking?
    would that be a good choice?

15. HEY EVERYONE… THERE IS A GREAT FOOD CART SPACE FOR LEASE ON 100TH AND BURNSIDE ST. IT IS BY THE MAX AND ALOT OF BUSINESSES. THERE IS NO COMPITITION.. Call 503-719-7572

16. Hi there to all, I am new to the food cart business and am just investigating all the possibilities. My sister and I are planning to bring our cart up here after the summer and are looking for a space and/or information on how to look for space. Any updates?

17. Patricia says:

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is space now available on 23rd & NE Alberta next to Townshend Teahouse. To request an application, email kartkulture@gmail.com

18. I am looking to rent a food cart. Anyone know of a cart for rent?

Thanks,

Stacie

19. we have a large parking lot right on 82nd ave that we have had alot of previous food cart owners wanting to rent a space in. well we are open to it now so if you want to check out our parking lot email us for more info

lcsgroup@gmail.com

20. I am looking for a location for a food cart near PSU. Any ideas?

21. im hoping someone can give me an estimate of what a food cart space costs on average

22. Bradford Brooke Howes says:

@ Nate. Rent is 500.00 a month including electric. The other costs depend on your product and systems. First and last rent is all you need to get in. Electric hook up is 1,000 to 2,000. And then the bills really start. Good luck. P.S. get ready to work 80 hour weeks.

23. hi looking for space food cart available papo ba for ICE SCRAMBLE…? and how much po ung rent and ung deposit po?

complete addres pls… pls email me the details..

24. Hey everyone, in case someone is still looking for a space, we have one on Belmont which is just starting up. We are already established on 700 SE 39th St, but are losing our lease which made us have to move. The new place is in a high profile area on Belmont. If you are interested in vending there, we would like to get around $550, which includes hookups to sewer and electricity.
    Please write to Doug@Dougydawgs.com

25. Hi all,
    I’m looking for food cart space to start on Apirl or May. If anyone here have new space or Pod is still available plzzz update for me too. I feel like so hard to find space for my cart.

26. Greetings Food Cart Crusaders,

We’re opening a craft brewery in the inner SE, and we want YOU! and your top-notch food cart.

Here at Base Camp Brewing Co., we’re focused on creating awesomely exciting and innovative lagers and ales, never compromising on quality and flavor. As OLCC requires, we’ll be providing a limited menu of taproom snacks, but we’d rather concentrate on making beer!

We see this as a great opportunity to showcase Portland’s incredible food-cart culture. Base Camp brings in a steady stream of hungry beer-lovin’ foodies, you provide them with delicious sustenance, and BOOM! everyone happily profits.

If your forte is wood-fired pizza, awesome sandwiches, or delicious empanadas, and your mantra is “Local, fresh, and delicious,” then we’d love to hear from you!

Shoot me an email at:
    info@basecampbrewingco.com

Thank you thank you thank you all!
    - Joey

27. I am looking for a place to put my Esan Thai food cart,if you have any place open please give me a call or email
    503-896-2241 maojr@comcast.net

Thanks

28. Hey I am looking for a place to put my soul food and bbq cart any locations avail?

29. I’m looking for very nice place for food cart
    I’m planed to open this coming 12/08/2011

Thank you!

30. Hello Pizza Box here. We do wood fired brick oven sourdough pizza. We are currently operating in Lents. We are looking for a more new more central location. please email nikolosrayr@gmail.com if you have any info, ideas, or leads for us.

kind regards,
    Pizza Box

31. Hey I’m starting a new food cart, but still looking for spaces available if you have any info email me ramiroc129@gmail.com thanks

32. Bonnie Gill says:

we have two spaces availible in St Johns Great location! call Steve 503-799-4327

33. Does anyone know of any spaces in the Beaverton area if so e-mail me at ramiroc129@gmail.com or give me a call (503)641-1392

34. Latipsac says:

Looking for a space for a new Israeli Falafel cart.

Give me a cal @ 503 453 4340

35. Whatever you do, don’t rent from that nutjob in Sellwood. Lots of other, and better, options.

36. Looking for space for Japanese curry cart. email me at haileris235@yahoo.com

37. Jack Mayhew says:

Hello,
    I own an Alberta commercially zoned space next to my house. I’m thinking of having a nice pod of food carts. I picture a small pod of three or four carts. The advantage of my space is the great central Alberta location, plus there is space for a quiet, intimate garden area for outdoor eating like the Tin Shed Restaurant has. (I am a block from The Tin Shed) Please message me with questions. I’m in initial stages of this. If I find interested parties who are a good fit I am open to moving quickly. Regards, and fun carting!
    -Jack mayhewpdx@yahoo.com

38. foodcart says:

looking for a space Downtown or SE.

Please email me.
    talcaspi@gmail.com

39. thinking about moving our gourmet hot dog food cart to a better traffic location. Homemade chili/fries and creative twists on local Zenner’s products. anyone know of a space available that doesn’t already have this? currently in operation and ready to go the second a good new spot comes up

peace and thanks..
    virgowoman66@hotmail.com

40. I am hoping to open up a food cart and am looking to be on or near a college campus. Anyone have any tips, ideas or recommendations for spaces to look at or some spaces that may be available. Thank you

Anne

41. we have space available… heated covered seating, ATM, restrooms and GREAT food… electric hook up and water (grey water disposal). info@northstationfoodcarts.com come join us

42. NEW FOOD CART RENTAL SPACES zoned EX(d) w/ Covered Seating!
    Great location on Interstate MAX line in Arbor Lodge neighborhood, between NEW SEASONS (Rosa Parks) and FRED MEYER (Lombard).

Have you noticed: THERE ARE NO FOOD CARTS ON THE ENTIRE INTERSTATE MAX LINE! There are also very few spots for QUALITY food at reasonable prices.

Walk through two grand entry doors from Interstate Avenue to discover 450 square foot secluded pet-friendly garden seating area plus 4-6 unique food carts:

*BBQ
    *Pizza
    *Thai/Indian
    *Coffee/Exotic Teas
    *Beer & Wine in fenced area

Target Customer Base:
    *New Seasons & Fred Meyer customers & employees
    *MAX & bus riders who transition at Rosa Parks & Lombard
    *Employees of Adidas Headquarters
    *Kaiser Hospital Staff & Visitors
    *6,390 Arbor Lodge Residents plus surrounding community
    *Rose Quarter Arena attendees
    *People who want tasty, nutritious, healthy AFFORDABLE food and a friendly, warm socializing area.

Cart parking spaces are $600 per month INCLUDING electricity AND on-site FREEZER/REFRIDGERATOR storage. (Cart can be provided on site for additional $200 per month)

The entire property (parking lot for food carts including 2BR single family home on fenced off portion on rear of lot) is available via lease/option. Terms negotiable. Home is currently permitted as residential with commercial kitchen suitable for hourly rental.

Contact Jason at: myfavoritehome@gmail.com

43. i’m looking for food cart space for rent around se 102nd area .
    if you have some info i am waiting for you.
    thank you!

44. I am looking for a cart and space in dowtown portland. appreciate any and all recommendations and leads.

45. Have a perogie food cart ( Okie Rogie), Just ended my run in Sellwood, and looking for spot. Any new openings? please contact! okierogie@gmail.com / 610-442-0543 – Scott

46. FOOD CART SPACE AVAILABLE:4500 SE STARK ST

Belmont Station’s Bottle shop and Biercafe are expanding! We are nearly doubling our seating capacity by adding an indoor/outdoor covered patio space to our building. The heated and covered patio space, along with a bathroom, will be shared by the food cart and our customers. We will also welcome the food cart cuisine into the pre-existing biercafe. We also have an ATM on premise.

We would like to find a food cart that wants to join the beer community by contributing hardy and satisfying food that will please a wide range of diets.

If you are interested in renting a food cart space from us please email me at Holly@belmont-station.com

47. Acksone Vongthong says:

I’m looking to put in a food cart with Hawaiian spicy shrimp and BBQ. Looking for a good spot any ideas? Please email me or call 5034535478.

48. sushi maker... says:

Hi…everyone..I m looking for the space for sushi food truck??anyone know ??pls email me..

49. Doe any one know if a shuttle bus(mini bus) is an appropriate size for a burger truck?

50. We will have a 8 new food carts space open around Feb.. It is on the intersection of SE 82nd and Powell behind KFC. It should be a prime spot for food carts, if interest call Roselynn (503)380-8790

51. I am looking for a space to locate a new pizza and salad cart. It is roughly 12×6 feet. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

52. pdxmomma says:

Adam, check out Rose City Food Park… I hear there’s a spot opening up. They are at NE 52nd & Sandy. http://www.rosecityfoodpark.com/