Some news from Portland’s food cart world:
- The Imp and Nada – NE 15th and Alberta
- Brazilian House – SE 43rd and Belmont
- All Jarred Up – SE 2nd and Stark
- TeePee’s – SE 50th and Division
- Just Wing It – SE 9th and Burnside
- Shish Kabob – N Mississippi and Beech
- Doner Haus – N Mississippi and Beech
- E Side Thai – SE 43rd and Belmont
- Duende – Spanish – SE 32nd and Hawthorne
- Dalo’s Ethiopian – SE MLK and Stark
- Noah – SW 10th and Washington
- Hapa Ramen – A la Carts Food Pavilion – SE 50th and Division
We saw a few closures this last week. Sad to see some of these vendors go.
- The Honey Pot closed last week, all locations
- Okinoshima on 3rd closed
- Picnic has closed for winter
- Pepper Box has announced they will be closing October 26. They need to find a new location.
- El Cubano has closed
- Hog Time has closed
- Rescue Bagels has closed
- Skewed Concoctions has closed
Big-Ass Sandwiches announced earlier this month a second cart to be located at Mississippi Marketplace. Watch for the cart to open early November.
Killingsworth Station, a new food cart pod on N Killingsworth and Montana has attracted some new vendors. Om Nom Gluten Free Sandwiches is the latest to join and open.
Some Moves and other changes:
- Pork Chop City has moved out to Beaverton Hillsdale Highway by Jesuit High
- The Sugar Shop has moved to NE 23rd and Alberta
- Roshambo has relocated and re-opened at Rose City Food Park on NE 52nd and Sandy
- Jaffles and Wraps has moved to SE MLK and Stark
- Sausage Shack is now open at SE MLK and Stark
- I Heart This Cart is under new management with a new menu and all – SW 3rd and Washington
While this week and last week and next week have provided Portland with one amazingly sunny October, winter is on the way which is a challenge for many vendors. We can all do our part by continuing to support our favorite vendors whether it be sunny or rainy, warm or cold. Thank you for your continued support of the Portland street food scene.