Feast is upon us. An entire weekend of activities featuring Oregon’s Bounty. I call it a weekend of indulgence and joy. So many events featuring the amazing food of Oregon and Portland with top chefs and competitions and opportunities to eat your heart out. If you’re visiting, take a moment to check out Portland’s amazing street food scene while you’re here.
Portland’s Food Carts are congregated in pods throughout the city. These are surface area parking lots with food carts parked and vending out to the public.
- SW 3rd and Stark – 20+ vendors. Many open late night
- SW 5th and Stark – 20+ vendors, mostly lunch – check out Tabor Czech and Real Taste of India, two venerable vendors who have been around 10+ years
- SW 10th and Alder – 60+ vendors – lunch and dinner all weekend – an entire city block of food carts. Check out Nong’s Khao Man Gai, The Dump Truck, Rua, Kargi Gogo (Georgian), The People’s Pig, Grilled Cheese Grill, Sawasdee Thai, Delicious (Romanian) and more. Haggis dinner from The Frying Scotsman may be poignant.
- SW 4th and Hall – 20+ vendors
East side pods and neighborhood pods close in and accessible by public transportation:
- Mississippi Marketplace – N Mississippi and Skidmore in the Mississippi Historical District. Features covered seating and 9 vendors including The Big Egg (breakfast), Minizo (ramen), Native Bowl (vegan), Home Grown Smoker Vegan BBQ, Koi Fusion and Miss Kate’s Southern Kitchen. Bring your food into PROST!, the German pub on site.
- Tidbit – SE 28th Pl. and Division – Portland’s newest pod with 18 vendors including Love Belizean, Timber’s Dog House, Hapa PDX (Ramen), Lodekka (Vintage clothing), Smaaken Waffles and an onsite beer cart. Great for evening relaxation.
- 23rd and Alberta Pod – NE 23rd and Alberta in the Alberta Arts District – 5 vendors including Uncle Tsang’s Szechuan, The Cheese Plate, Garden Monsters and The Sugar Shop. Covered seating, live music on the weekends and beer from the Hoppy Camper.
- Pod 28 – SE 28th and Ankeny. A great little pod featuring beer by Captured by Porches and vendors including Burrasca (Tuscan), Grilled Cheese Grill, Wolf & Bears (falafel and Iraqi street food), Guero and Steak Frites PDX. Covered seating available
- Cartopia – SE 12th and Hawthorne. Portland’s original late night pod stays open until 4am. Vendors include Pyro Pizza, Potato Champion (Begian Fries and Poutine), Whiffies Fried Pies, PBJ’s Grilled and Perierra Creperie.
The east side has over 20 food cart pods to explore with over 200 vendors.
Porltand’s street food scene continues to evolve, so even if you’ve explored in prior years, more than likely, there are new exiting vendors to eat from.
Feast is an amazing event for Portland. For a full list of Feast events, visit FeastPortland.com.