Here’s a rundown of new and events this coming weekend:
Love Belizean, a food cart displaced by the closing of the downtown food cart lot on SW 6th and Columbia has launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a brick and mortar just down the street from where their cart was located. So excited to see them move on to their next adventure.
Viking Soul Food has reopened on a limited basis at the Good Food Here lot. Their summer hours will be 12-8pm on the weekends or until they sell out. There will be a limited menu also. Head on down for your Scandinavian fix.
Dustin Knox, owner of Perierra Creperie at Cartopia was the guest on Right at The Fork podcast this week. A great discussion with an individual who started a successful food cart, went on to other endeavors and how he did it.
Friday, July 18
- 808 Grinds will be the featured food cart at the Portland Timbers vs. Colorado Rapids match at Providence Park. Find them above section 94.
Saturday, July 19
- Drive Revolution will take place at OMSI during the day featuring food trucks serving up savory and sweet items. The event will showcase the latest in sustainable transportation options in bikes, cars, public transportation and more. Find Bro-Dogs and Burgers along with Aybla, Fifty Licks and Moberi Smoothies. More info.
- Cartlandia is hosting MS Bites, Food Carts Fighting MS. A fundraiser for the National MS Society. From 5-9pm, enjoy live music, raffle prices and some tasty items form the carts while supporting a great cause. More details at Cartlandia.com
- Dr. Joe Trio will be the musical guest at Artigiano in the evening. Located at SE 33rd and Division
- Russian Horse in Sellwood is doing a dessert special – ponchiki – similar to a donut hole made with sweet batter and farmer’s cheese. Sounds tasty. Free all day.
- Find the Bunk Truck along with other vendors at the NW String Summit at Horning’s Hideout in North Plains. More details.
- PDX Pop Now, a wonderful weekend of music is this weekend and Koi Fusion will be there slingin’ their amazing tacos and more. More details.
Have a great weekend.