Location: SE 82nd and Harney
Hours: Tues-Sun, 11:30am-8pm
The Story: There is good and there is evil, but when it comes to food, everyone has their own interpretations. Some think bacon is good, while others believe it is evil. For the record, if bacon is on a BLT, I believe it is good.
At Good and Evil Wraps, if you peruse the menu, they define in the general sense as good = healthier while evil = well, living on the wild side. Tim Gerald opened the cart earlier this year at Cartlandia down off the Springwater Corridor. That lot continues to grow and evolve with new vendors coming in weekly to mix up the food options. Having spent 14 years in the restaurant industry, Tim decided the truck was his next step.
Perusing the menu is honestly a challenge. I want to eat healthier, so looking at the options on the ‘good’ side with kale, cucumbers, tofu, carrots, tempeh and all kinds of other fresh vegetables, I knew I was in the right place. Yet, when I glance over to the ‘evil’ side, my mouth begins to water. Pepper Jack Steak Wrap with flat iron steak; Fat Boy Wrap with steak, bacon, fries and veggies. Alas, the angel over my left shoulder instructed me to pick the Detox Wrap on the good side. Kale, spinach, daikon radish, cucumbers, carrots, onions, tomatoes, green bell peppers, cilantro and goat cheese drizzled with mandarin citrus vinaigrette. All that, all those amazing fresh flavors mixed together and wrapped in a spinach tortilla. Every bite felt like I was sitting in a large garden picking fresh vegetables and plopping them in my mouth. The bitter greens complimented the acidity of the tomato and coolness of the cuke. One good wrap.
Good and Evil Wraps is open Tuesday-Sunday, from 11:30-8pm and often offers daily specials. They offer kid options, so make it a family affair. Drop on by for something good or evil and let them know Food Carts Portland sent ya.
- Detox Wrap – $7
- Avocado Tempeh Wrap: tempeh, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, romaine, lettuce, spinach, goat cheese – $7
- Chicken Wrap: chicken, avocado, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, goat cheese, dried cranberries, sweet dijon vinaigrette – $7.75
- Curried Quinoa Wrap: tofu, quinoa, kale, tomatoes, onion, daikon radish, cilantro, carrots, red curry lime sauce – $7.50
- Fat Boy Wrap: steak, bacon, french fries, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, cheddar jack, special sauce – $7.50
- Pepper Jack Steak Wrap: flat iron steak, pepper jack cheese, bacon, sauteed onions and bell peppers, tomatoes, romaine and pepper jack cheese – $7.50