Taste of the Nation, Portland’s premier tasting event is happening May 8 at JELD-WEN Field and we have a pair of GA tickets ($170) for you to win. Mix and mingle with Portland’s premier chefs, breweries, wineries and distilleries in the heart of downtown Portland. Savor signature dishes, specialty cocktails, wine and beer. A silent auction will feature lifestyle and epicurean packages! I attended last year and enjoyed so many tasty bites. This year should be even better.
We decided to create a little trivia contest to make you work for it. A couple of carts are participating – Nong’s Khao Man Gai and Violetta – so you’ll need to know a bit about them and also about Taste of the nation to win.
Email your responses to TasteTrivia@FoodCartsPortland.com. We will draw randomly from the winning responses on Friday, April 20. Good luck.
Taste of the Nation Trivia 2012
1. How many years has Taste of the Nation been occurring?
2. Who benefits from the proceeds from Taste of the Nation?
- The Timbers
- Hungry children
3. Nong’s Khao Man Gai, one of the participating carts, was opened by Nong Poonsukwattana after she worked at one of Portland’s premier Thai restaurants. Which restaurant?
- Paley’s Place
- PF Chang’s
- Pok Pok
4. Violetta, one of the participating food trucks, opened as a food truck after what occurred at the Violetta restaurant?
- A kitchen fire
- A staff workers strike
- Kitchen uniforms didn’t fit
- The city required all restaurants also have trucks
5. Taste of the Nation is taking place on May 8 where?
- Convention Center
- McMenamin’s Edgefield
- Your basement
- JELD-WEN Field
Email answers to firstname.lastname@example.org