Location: N Lombard and Richmond
Hours: M-F, 11:30-3 and 5-7; Sat, 12-6pm
There may be plenty of Thai options in this fine city, yet for St. Johns, there are few. With the addition of Anya’s Thai food cart, St. Johns residents can now get their pad thai fix.
Anya’s Thai opened this past summer at Crystal Gardens, the only food cart pod located in St. Johns and serving the residents of that part of north Portland. Both Facebook and Twitter have been abuzz with locals excited about food carts coming to their area. In the lot, you can also find sandwiches, soups and bento along with covered seating and an ATM.
With a traditional Thai menu, you can find your favorites at this cart – Pad Thai, Pad See Ewe, salad rolls, drunken noodles and a few others. Each dish can be served with either chicken or tofu or, shrimp for $1 more. I chose the Pad Thai with tofu in order to get a base by which I could judge the other dishes. When Anya handed me the clamshell with the noodles, I thought I had ordered two items. More than 1lb of noodles and sprouts and tofu and peanuts. Enough for a small family. You can’t say they skimp here. All for $6.50.
Anya opens her cart daily except for Sundays for lunch and dinner hours. Note that the cart is closed for a period of time in the afternoon. If you live in the neighborhood or are visiting the area, check out Anya’s Thai and let her know Food Carts Portland sent ya.
- Salad Rolls: riepaper rolls wrapped with tofu, vermicelli noodles, mint leaves, Thai basil, bean sprouts, lettuce and served with peanut sauce: 3 for $3.25
- Tom Kha Gai: Thai coconut soup with lemongrass, Thai spice, galangal, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onions and cilantro. Choice of chicken, tofu. comes with rice – $4
- Green Curry: coconut curry, bamboo shoots, carrots, baby corn, broccoli, basil, bell pepper – $6.50
- Pad Thai noodles: stir fry rice noodles, garlic, shallots, egg, bean sprouts, carrots, broccoli, onions and peanuts- $6.50
- Drunken noodles: pan fried rice noodles, spicy chili garlic sauce, onions, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers and Thai basil – $6.50
Hour: Monday-Friday, 11:30-3pm, 5-7:30pm; Saturday, 12-6pm
Phone: 503 964 8005