Food Truck now closed
Location: SE Division and 50th (NW Corner Lot)
Description: I love many things about Los Gorditos. I love their psychedelic spaghetti western inspired mural, I love the nice owners and staff, I love that they are open for dinner and on Saturdays, and I really love their tacos. This is no mere truck with a kitchen, but instead has morphed into a cozy “cart complex” of sorts including a large covered deck and plenty of tables and chairs for eating in situ. Hipsters, Hispanic families and everyday working class folks of all types stop by this busy truck daily to fuel up on tacos, burritos, tortas and the like from lunch through the early evening. All Portland neighborhoods should be so lucky to have such terrific cheap eats.
Los Gorditos has a particularly deft hand with their meats, including some killer melt in your mouth cabeza, carne deshebrada and wonderfully seasoned encebellados. If you have no idea what these things are, I would suggest reading this excellent guide to Mexican Food for Gringos. Gracias!
Finally, Los Gorditos has figured out Portland has a large and hungry vegetarian and vegan community and has developed a whole giant menu including the additions of Soyrizo, tofu or grilled vegetables in lieu of meat offerings.
- (Meat Menu – choice of carne asada, pollo, carne deshebrada, pastor, lengua, cabeza, encebellados)
- (Vegetarian Menu – choice of Soyrizo, tofu or grilled vegetables)
- Tacos – $1.50
- Quesa Tacos – $2.50
- Burritos – $4.50
- Stacy Burrito – Choice of meat and beans, rice, cheese, sour cream, grilled onion, cilantro, red sauce – $5.00
- Super Stacy Burrito (same as above, but with extra red sauce, beef and jalpenos) – $5.00
- Garbage Burrito (rice, beans, cheese, sour cream, onion, cilantro, CHICKEN, BEEF AND PORK!) – $6.00
- Quesadilla – $5.00
- Mulita (layers of corn tortillas filled with cheese and your choice of meat). Served with a side of rice and beans – $5.50
- Enchiladas – Comes with a side of rice and beans (chicken or vegetarian) – $5.50
- Fajitas – Comes with side of rice and beans – $6.50
- Torta – Toasted bread with beans, choice of meat, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, onion, cilanto – $4.50
Hours: Mon-Sat 11-8
Phone: (503) 875-2615